The law office of John A. Klassen, PA, is committed to protecting the civil rights of employees and individuals. From our convenient downtown Minneapolis location, we serve clients in the Twin Cities and throughout Minnesota. Since our firm was founded in 1996, we have provided clients with the personal attention, honest advice and assertive trial strategies necessary to litigate complex claims and defend our clients' rights.
A Long History Of Groundbreaking Cases
Our cases have received national and international press coverage in the New York Times, the Washington Post and the International Herald Tribune, and on public radio. Recent notable cases include the multi-plaintiff race discrimination case against the Minneapolis Police Department by high-ranking African-American officers, the sexual harassment and discrimination cases we handled against the former Minneapolis fire chief and the Minneapolis Fire Department, and recent trial victory on behalf of a decorated female firefighter who was demoted in retaliation for asserting her First Amendment rights. We also represented a plaintiff in one of the largest single plaintiff sexual harassment cases in Minnesota history.
Our plaintiff-oriented practice encompasses areas of law related to:
- Whistleblowers: We are committed to protecting and representing qui tam whistleblower employees who oppose and report illegal fraud actions under the federal False Claims Act. We also represent whistleblowers under the Minnesota Whistleblower Act. If an employer fired, demoted or otherwise punished you for whistleblowing, we can help get compensation for that retaliation.
- Employment law violations: Our firm prides itself on protecting employees' rights and fighting against employment discrimination and harassment based on gender, age, disability, race, religion or sexual orientation. Minneapolis employment law attorney John Klassen is Board Certified as a Labor and Employment Law Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association.
- Business litigation: Whether you have needs related to shareholder disputes, executive employment agreements, severance packages, noncompetition agreements or other business contracts, we can provide you with the insightful counsel and litigation experience you require.
- Sexual abuse litigation: If your child or a vulnerable adult loved one was mistreated or abused while in the care of a state or private institution, we can use our experience and proven litigation strategies to help you seek justice.
- Police misconduct: We protect the interests of those who are the victims of excessive force, improper strip searches and other police misconduct.
- Protecting transgender individuals: One of the cornerstone principles of our firm is that everyone is created equal and should enjoy equal treatment. As such, our firm proudly serves the needs of the transgender community in Minnesota, including employment law and civil rights matters where an individual's rights were infringed upon because he or she is transgender.
Our clients rely on us to help right the wrongs they have suffered. By using our well-honed trial strategies and results-oriented negotiation skills, we may be able to get compensation for you and your family to regain financial stability and a sense of justice. Contact John A. Klassen, PA, at 612-217-4988 or 877-390-4527 to arrange a consultation with a lawyer.