Race, Color and National Origin Harassment and Discrimination
Minnesota Racial Discrimination Lawyer
The United States is home to people of all races, colors, national origins, cultures, religions and ethnicities. Despite advancements in civil rights and prohibition by federal law, racial discrimination in the workplace still happens. In 2006 alone, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) reported that it received more than 25,000 claims of race discrimination on the job.
If you have experienced racial discrimination or discrimination based on the color of your skin or national origin, the law office of John A. Klassen, PA, in Minneapolis, may be able to help you get compensation. Our attorney, John Klassen, has been a dedicated advocate against racial discrimination since 1994, and we are committed to defending your rights in the workplace.
The purpose of my law firm is to advocate on behalf of and protect employees who have been victimized by their employers.
Attorney John Klassen
Our firm offers more than a decade of experience and success in handling and litigating race discrimination and harassment cases. We examine every claim carefully and listen completely to your story. We will look at the evidence that supports your claim and talk with fellow coworkers to help determine if your employer is liable for the discrimination. We have access to certified language interpreters who speak Spanish, Hmong, Somali, and Russian, if needed.
Race, color and national origin discrimination or harassment can take many forms, such as:
- Failure to hire, promote, or offer training because of race, color or national origin
- Pre-employment questions about race, color or national origin that determine who is hired
- Unrelated job requirements that exclude people of a certain race, color or national more than others
- Racial or ethnic slurs or derogatory comments that create a hostile workplace
- Work assignments based on color or race or ethnicity
- “English only” language rules and requirements in the workplace
If your employer knew about the discrimination or harassment and failed to stop the offender and protect your civil rights, it may be responsible for damages. If the race, color or national origin discrimination came through a company-wide practice or was committed by a highly placed employee, your company is liable. We can help make sure that your employer, company’s senior management, supervisor, or coworker is held responsible for discriminatory actions.
Contact Our Racial, Color and National Origin Discrimination Attorney, John A. Klassen
If you experienced race, color or national origin harassment and discrimination at work, contact John A. Klassen, PA, in Minneapolis. We can be contacted by phone at 612-217-4988 or through the intake form on our Contact Us page.
- Employment Law
- Sexual Harassment
- Gender Discrimination
- Employment Law For Firefighters, Law Enforcement Officers and Public Employees
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Discrimination and Retaliation
- Age Discrimination and Harassment
- Disability Discrimination and Harassment
- Race, Color and National Origin Harassment and Discrimination
- Sexual Orientation Harassment & Discrimination
- Retaliation in the Workplace
- Business Litigation and Contract Disputes
- Whistleblower/False Claims Act/Qui Tam Claims